This idea originally came from the Cute As A Button DIY Baby Shower Invitations. I thought they would compliment the invitation nicely if we took this one step further to put the buttons on, but I think they are just as cute without them…and GREAT for any occasion.
-Template from our Etsy store
-65lb white cover paper
-4 Bar envelopes
-Needle & thread or glue (optional)
Here are the 5 easy steps on how to create these.
1. Purchase our template here.
2. Print out your thank you cards on 65lb white cover paper (or thicker). I tend to use 100lb because I like the feel of it. Note: This is a double-sided print. The stripe continues through the backside to accommodate the ribbon. It is up to you if you want to print it, I personally like it but it can work either way.
3. Cut out your thank you cards.
4. Use your hole punch to punch holes through the gray line. I like to do them about 1/4″ from the border.
5. String and tie your ribbon. I use a piece about 18″ long. Bring both ends through the front of the card and tie the ribbon close to the left hole. The closer it is the the hole, the more support you will get and the tighter the stringing will be. If your ribbon starts to hang a little bit, you can always put a small piece of double-stick tape to help it out a little. Here is a photo of the front and inside of the card.
If you would like to add the button, you can either sew them on after the bow is tied or glue them. I would suggest using E6000 glue if you do so (I have had the best luck with using this on multiple materials). Good luck!
Grab my Bow Tie Thank You Card template here. If you have any questions please comment below!